I purchased this machine for Rs.30,000 from Decathlon India website and they charged an additional Rs.1,400 for delivery. It was delivered by BlueDart within a week of placing the order. The machine came disassembled in a huge carboard box. I had to haul the parts alone up two flight of stairs as the delivery guys refused to help. There was no support from Decathlon with assembling it either, but it's no rocket science. My wife and I could put the pieces together in about an hour and a half with the supplied user manual and tools (Allen key and wrench).
It has all the basic functions of an elliptical cross trainer. The programs are customizable with varying levels of intensity on a scale of 1 to15. The flywheel is big and reasonably heavy (9 Kg), which is what you need in an elliptical trainer. The supplied chest strap sensor for measuring heart rate sends data to the machine via Bluetooth, which could also be displayed in Domyos E-connected app on your iOS / Android device. Your mobile phone or tablet could be latched on to the top of the display panel using the built-in, retractable elastic clip, which is quite useful for focusing your mind away from the mundane activity indoors. That said, I wish the Domyos app came with an interesting game instead of displaying redundant data from the machine. The machine does not fold, occupies a fairly large footprint and doesn't pair with other brands of wearable Bluetooth devices. Apart from these gripes, it works as well as I'd expected for an elliptical trainer in this price range.
My family and I have been using it for the last couple days and we find it quite adequate for our indoor exercise needs. Only time will tell whether it's reliable.
- Exercise programs with basic customizability
- 15 levels of intensity for HIIT training
- A compact blue-lit, dot-matrix LED display with space to securely mount a tablet or mobile phone
- Large, heavy flywheel
- Bluetooth connectivity
- iOS & Android app from Domyos
- Fairly decent build quality for the price
- Heart Rate Sensor chest strap is included
- Machine's Bluetooth doesn't pair with ANT+ or generic wearable sensors
- No heart rate / pulse sensor on the handles
- Occupies a large footprint and it's not foldable
- Foot rest is not easily adjustable even though it could be adjusted without tools
- No support (from Decathlon) for assembly during delivery
- Domyos E-Connected iOS / Android App is quite basic and doesn't look like it's updated regularly. Poor usability.
When I visited Decathlon store the staff was very helpful to advise me regarding the product. It arrived on time. I was worried about assemble it, but it was not difficult at all.
Nine programs are very helpful.
I can think of any negatives.