- We do not ask for the following details from a customer at any given point:
- a) Net banking or Card transaction OTP
- b) Debit/Credit card CVV
- c) Password related to banking or UPI IDs
- d) Remote access to any of the customer's personal devices or accounts.
- Decathlon records, stores and analyses the data that is available to us through any of our platforms and stores. This includes
The data that the Buyer provide when a purchase is made at the store or on the website. The following is the information we request the Buyer to furnish:
a) Mobile and Email;
b) First name/Last name;
c) Postal code &
d) Opt-in preference SMS/Email.
- This data helps us make sure that we take every measure to make sure that our customers are safe while using any of our products during their sporting activities. Production in bulk can sometimes lead to defective manufacturing. As and when we identify this, we make sure the customers are contacted and made aware of the risk.
Through various forms which are embedded in the communication that we send across to our customers.
During the events, competitions and tournaments that we organize at the store.
The data recorded during pre-store opening events conducted across the store catchment area.
- To ensure that our customers are safe - If there arises a need to contact our customers with regard to the safety while using the product purchased, we will contact the Buyer only to let the Buyer know the safety concern and offer the Buyer an option to exchange/ refund or fix the product at no extra cost.
- To be able to process exchange/refund incase the bill is lost. Our exchange period is 90 days from the date of purchase and warranty is 2 years.
- To send marketing and promotional messages and other information that might be of interest to our customers. This is only done with the consent of customers. At any point in time the customer can opt -out from receiving these communications.
- To implement and manage referral programs, surveys, contests, promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Decathlon Sports India Pvt. Ltd.
- To enhance and optimize our business practices and user experience based on the research and analytics done using the customer data.
- For studying catchment areas and taking decisions to open new stores. Making it possible to reach out to more customers.