Made for We designed this warm and breathable fleece gilet to protect you from the cold during your hikes in the mountains. An essential product at an affordable price ! You will appreciate its soft material made of recycled thread and its insulating power. The ideal fleece gilet to protect you from the cold during your mountain walks. To be added to every backpack!
This fleece gilet has a slim fit, without being too tight fitting. Wear a high-tech base layer underneath, in direct contact with the skin, for superior protection from the cold. It has also been designed to be worn just below our windproof/waterproof jackets.
Choose your usual size.
Fleece component: insulation provided by the air trapped inside
The purpose of the fleece component is to trap air thanks to the volume created by its texture (qualified as "brushed" when it consists of loops); this air acts as a natural insulator, keeping the body warm.
Thermal insulation test
We perform 2 types of tests to measure the insulation of our fleeces:
- a test on the material
- a test on a thermal mannequin in a thermal chamber. We replicate the temperature, wind speed (5km/h) and humidity conditions that you will encounter in the mountains when walking at 5km/h.
These tests are used to validate our design choices, and everything is validated by testers during our field tests.
We test the ageing of our hiking fleeces to guarantee their durability. We guarantee:
- the backpack's resistance to abrasion and arm movements in order to delay pilling that is a feature of this material
- the strength of the seams
- the durability of the fleece material after 5 washes (dimensional stability)
- colour fastness to washing, UV light or contact with perspiration.
A score for comparing products’ environmental impact
The product's environmental impact is calculated over its entire life cycle using different indicators. An overall score from A to E is given to help you easily identify the most eco-friendly products by comparing products of the same type (T-shirts, trousers, rucksacks, etc.)
Decathlon actively promotes this environmental rating system.
For more information: http://sustainability.decathlon.com/