Viewing the overall Bike I am quite happy with the performance.... The only Drawback I felt is the Saddle (seat) which is not comfortable...Other than that Rock Rider 340 is a Surely a Hit Product.
I like the look and feel of the product, however, i have some concerns:
1. The chain makes a lot of noise when pedaling and especially while changing gears
2. Bike should come with a manual to explain gear ratios best suited for type of riding
3. Default seat height is higher than the handlebar height which delivers a very poor riding position and hurts my neck on longer rides
The bike is really good. Thanks to decathlon for their after sales service . They made me fully satisfied with the cycle .. best cycle .. only the front rim where it is joint from the first day it's not straight .. mostly a minor adjustment becoz if u use brakes. Front then it gives a tat sound every rotation (while using slowly). Actually this cycle I got as a replacement due to some manufacturing defects in the other rockrider 340 .. thanks a lot decathlon .. customer satisfaction is the main thing for u people .. I appreciate it .. especially thanx to decathlon Whitefield for their professional service .. Of their btwin team and the department manager..
Awesome and superb cycle.excellent for trekking and fantastic gear mechanism and double v breaking best model for btwin on that amount range
I bought this bike on 3rd July. I am a regular customer at decathlon zirakpur and buy lot of gym accessories from there. However, to improve my cardio function, i decided to buy a bicycle and ended up with rockrider 340. Since then i have faced following problems:-
1. The gears started giving problems a month after i bought the bike. There is a massive problem while moving the left shifter from 2nd to 3rd level as i move from 5th to higher levels on the right shifter to up the speed. The gear does not shift smoothly, there are cracking sounds and i fear it may lead to chain damage and bike may break down at any moment.
2. I recently started getting this weird vibratory noise from pedal which comes each time the wheel completes one rotation. I am not an expert on this but there is definitely a problem there.
3. The service has also been disappointing. For my first free service, i dropped my bike at decathlon store around 11 am. I was told that the service guy comes around 12 pm and you can pick up the bike around 2 PM. I called the store around 5 PM and to my surprise the bike was not serviced even then. As i wanted the bike back in evening, they asked me to pick it up by an hour. I had already informed them about the gear problem. However, 2 weeks after the service, the gear shift problem is back. To add to my woes, a day after servicing, the front brake went loose, putting me at risk while riding. As an emergency measure, i took it to a bike store of another prominent brand and the kind mechanic over there fixed it. A fault in bike a day after service really raises doubt on the quality of service.
4. At the different bike store, i could notice that i could have bought similar bike in the same price range with additional features such as disk brakes. Not to mention, this bike store being in city limits and easily accessibly for a service rather than decathlon zirakpur, which is way out of chandigarh city.
Most importantly, i am facing these issues despite driving on neat and top notch quality roads in chandigarh (Vigyan path and Madhya marg). The bike has been only driven by me and never taken off road or for a rough ride.
DO NOT buy this bike !! If it gives issues to me on a smooth track, it will give issues to everyone. And for all those who have decathlon stores far away, its another reason not to buy as you can not take bike to store every other day for repair.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Apologies for the bad experience you have had with the product. The gear shifting problem has occurred due to the tuning of the shifter. It can be fixed in the workshop. The sound from the pedal needs to be looked into because if the pedal arm of the pedal is broken, we will have to replace it.
I will give a direct feedback regarding the service experience you have faced to the workshop so that we can improve on the processes the next time. Please let me get in touch with the Zirakpur store to get the best solution.
I would like to thank the Deacthlon Indirapuram team for their support and suggestions for my Btwin Rockrider 340 bicycle. The bicycle is really comfortable and smooth. Wishing you all the best for future.
i bought it from decathlon Ludhiana 2 days ago. saddle is too hard to sit on. and i found that rims are corroded. apart from it everything else is great about this product.
IT is an best bike for little money very nice bike
received the bicycle . the front wheel was missing the tightning key and the axel provided was shorter had to fix it from local shop. the bicycle is just perfect to use.
I just bought the Bike the day before and looking at beginning cycling on a regular basis. Am looking at mostly riding it on city roads and an occasional trail.
While the bike rides smoothly, I don't find the seat comfortable at all. Even after putting a cushioning seat cover. It's probably because the seat is too small. Is it possible to replace the seat with another Btwin seat which is wider and more comfortable?