Have been using this bike model for many weeks now. This is truly an all-rounder. I'd gone to buy a Rockrider 520 but ended up buying the Rockrider 540 and I do not for a moment regret my choice. The biggest reason I went for the 540 is because of the hydraulic front shock ups. Compared to the non-hydraulic (spring) ones on the 520, the difference is obvious. City rides over broken and potholed roads are much much smoother now. The presence of hydraulic brakes on this bike helps - however I don't notice that much difference from cable-disc-brakes or v-brakes. The bike feels well made with premium materials. The Shimano Altus gear system (9x3 = 27 gear ratios) is smoother than the Shimano Tourney system that is found on lower range bikes. Having more gear ratios helps too - makes the bike versatile for all conditions.
For buyers thinking of putting a pannier rack on this bike - you should buy the rack from Decathlon itself and get it fitted at the store - right when you buy the bike. This is because this bike is designed to take a pannier rack even though it has a rear disc brake.
All-in-all a great product.
This review is.going to be precise and to the point.
1) Riding comfort is pretty good. I have done 193Kms in a single day without any discomfort
2) Bike's posture is bit aggressive riding gesture
3) Impressive handling, cornering, balance and stsbstabi
4) Braking performance is quite powerful and balanced
5) Weight is standard
6) Pretty much fast in off+on road
7) Suspension is very much supportive during rides, especially in deep/ big holes in path
8) Shifting is satisfactory, especially the rear one (only if you maintain it properly)
9) Crank is Shimano chainring compatible for replacement
10) Price of the bike is very attractive
1) The colour on the frame is quite fragile. S small scratch may prevail the aluminium frame. This is not satisfactory at all.
2) The from derailure (micro shift derailure) is not performing satisfactorily. The chain shifting leaves scars/ marks/ scratches on the frame (just below the crankset)
3) Hayes Radar is pretty much costly Braking System. Spares/ parts/ servicing is rare in the market. Above all, price is also high
4) The Bottom Bracket has a peculiar size and this size is also unavailable in market (VP BC73, 68X115)
1) I had replaced the rear tyre within 6 months because of the wrong assembling of Decathlon's bike assembler. The rotation of the tyre was wrongly installed and i didn't checked.
ibought 3 months ago since that time i have been facing the issue usually i ride sometimes. before the gear shifting issue in front crank when ever i change the gear in front it was not working properly. then i took it to workshop till now the issue is solved, but still the front derailleur is touching the chain. i told to change because its from manufacture defect but they are charging for it feel sad.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Apologies for the bad experience. Please let us know from which store you have purchased the bike from and we will get in touch with you regarding the problem. We do a 14 point check before selling the bike in which the front derailleur issue would have been noticed.
I remain available at your disposal.
It's a excellent MTB with a very competitive price. Suspension is superb and brakes are too good .....Gear shifts very smoothly I really love this bike.
I bought this cycle 2 months ago ... Chain got rusted and the seat is not setting up on one place and coming down I think the seat lock is also damaged.. pathetic product...
Thanks for your feedback. We regret the negative experiences you have had with your bicycle. Bicycle chains are prone to rust if stored or used in a moist or wet climate. Steel components of chains can withstand corrosion if applied with lubricants on a regular basis. In regard to seat clamp
Replaced it with my old cycle and can definitely feel the difference .. want some accessories but feel it little costly so still waiting
Hi I’m using this bicycle for last 7/8 week and really it is superb in riding with city road and off-road ,great controls and smooth shifting gear. Graphics of this bicycle is really attractive.
Was my wish list to buy one ,today I own a b-twin 540 and I am happy the best cycle I have rode till present excellent design and shifting gears .I can proudly say a good investment
It is best sports shop ever