Having only dry sailed in my lounge to inflation test it.
I am impressed by its quality feel and can't wait to get on the water.
Easy purchase and swift delivery
Very easy to setup and to deflate and put away. When on the water it's very stable and a lot of fun. Ive given the ITIwIT a road trip on canals and also on rivers and have not had any problems at all. A lot of fun you shouldn't miss out on.
Got this kayak since July and it's really great fun and value for $$$. Very stable and durable. Sailed to Pulau Ubin twice and with no problem. Light enough to be carried on my shoulder. My family loves it and my neighbour has just joined with another Itiwit 2.
I used this kayak for a 6-day trip on a river in Italy, with white water up until level III. I was worried if it is suitable for such an intensive trip but was really surprised by its robustness and resistance to shark rocks and trees in the water. We often scratched hard rocks and bumped against obstacles and the surface of the kayak is still in great shape.
A dog accompanied the trip in the kayak as well which was no problem at all.
The fact that the kayak supposably only carries load up until 150kg was a slight concern of mine also, as the dog and I almost met this limit even without luggage. However, we definitely were above the limit (ca. 160kg) but the kayak could hold it all despite! The rucksack is definitely of great use and comes in handy when transporting the kayak.
- The kayak should come with a gauge as one otherwise risks to over-inflate the kayak. I would definitely accept a slight higher price even. Buying a separate gauge at the store was not possible.
- The valves in the kayak can easily get lost as only one part of the valve is attached to the kayak. The valves of the seats are completely attached to the seats, so I don't know why the kayak valves aren't.
- The inflatable floor is covered in a canvas floor piece which is great. However, getting both of it dry at the end of a trip is rather cumbersome.
- The kayak could do with some more attachment points or fixing options in order to attach luggage etc.
For example: the front could also have some elastic bands, or the sides could have some rings or other fix points.
- The maximum load is 150kg which definitely has room to increase, e.g. by making the bladders higher.
- The seats can hardly be used for sitting comfortably for a longer period, however one is not supposed to use the back of the seat during kayaking anyway.
We also happened to compare the kayak to one from the brand Sevylor and found that despite a higher price of the Sevylor kayak the Itiwit kayak was much better in terms of usability, practicability and shape.
Great purchase, tried it out this weekend in Anglesey, did only take 10 minutes to inflate partner and kids in it for four hours. Sturdy and robust. Watch video when deflating it is really helpful.
Great family kayak. Used on a rocky river (with care) and calm sea. Well made, easy to inflate and deflate. Buy decathlon' s pump with gauge. Likes: goes in a 'ruck sack' for easy (and heavy) carrying, you can move the seats, make two or single seated. Comfortable.
I already have a few basic kayaks but I wanted to step it up, this was much better than previous ones (£60-100). Really great construction and with the itiwit pump it takes about 6/7 mins to blow up, it's easy to inflate and takes about 10mins to set up and get into the water, it's also fast to deflate and pack up (8-10mins).
I've been out 3 times so far and have spent the whole day it on the canal, can't wait to use it in the sea.
Really could not be happier with this product even though it cost more than my previous kayaks you can see and feel the difference. The only downside was it didn't come with a paddle but it then meant I could chose a two spilt paddle (£24.99) but I could have had a soild one or 4 split so I guess it's good to be able to choose.
really good and reliable kayak, I have used mine to explore the local rivers and taken it out to sea, works really well in shallow water and very stable, the only improvement i would recommend would be to improve the strength of the carry bag as my zip has broken and now im using tension straps to keep it in. defo a 5 star product I love and mu kids do to