On most products of Decathlon sold online, you can enjoy a 2 year warranty while some products may offer a 5 to 10 year warranty as well
The warranty holds good for products that are used within the prescribed norms. Those that are not eligible for warranty are:
Products that have surpasses the warranty period
Damages due to misuse of product
Incidental damage to the product
Products that do not have serial/chassis number (Bikes and gym equipment)
Malfunction of digital product due to user settings
Negligence and improper care in maintenance of the product
Products that come under the category of natural wear and tear (tires, racket guts, bearings, wheels, etc)
Warranty on Bicycles
Terms of Warranty
- The warranty falls within the scope of a legal framework that differs from country to country and between custom zones. It is always the legal system that applies to the legal minimum. B'TWIN's contractual warranty is applicable when it is more advantageous.
Warranty is applicable against manufacturing defects subject to usage and maintenance.
- The claim will be accepted only if the cycle is serviced and maintained well. For your warranty to be valid, the free warranty service must be done at the authorized service center within the duration communicated at the time of sale.
- Your warranty will be void if the bike is not serviced and maintained well.
- The cycle must be used for the right purpose that it is built for, failing which the warranty will again be void.
What is not covered under the warranty
- No warranty on parts subject to wear and tear - Tyres and Tubes, Drivetrain - Chain, cassette, crankset, derailleurs, Brake pads, Rotor, Puncture, braze-ons on the bike ( bottle cage, fork-carrier, rear carrier ), and non-metal parts like grips, brake pad, tire, tube, saddle, etc.
- Physical accidental damage or self-inflicted damage of any part
- Paint fading - a natural event without a safety concern
- Damage caused to plastic and rubber parts due to improper storage, eg keeping the cycle in the hot sun, rain, etc.
The following list summarises the main bike components and accessories and their warranty lifespan.
- Lifetime warranty on Frame (Steel & Aluminium), Rigid fork (Steel & Aluminium) and Stem/Handlebars
- 5 years warranty on Carbon frame and parts
- 2 years warranty on Suspension (Coil, Oil, Air), Saddle post / seat clamp, Wheel, Tyre and Inner tube, Paint and decals, Drive train, Brake, Headset, Saddle, Pedal, Lights, Bells, Carrier, Mudguard and Kickstands
To clarify and for reference only, the following list summarises the main bike components and occurrences of wear and tear that are not subject to warranty.
- Electric cycle - Battery wear and tear. Motor bearing and electronic component wear and tear
- Suspension (Coil, Oil, Air) - Seals and sliding rings wear and tear, Bleeding hydraulic system
- Wheel - Buckling, Bearing wear and tear
- Tyre and Inner tube - Puncture, wear and tear
- Paint and decals - Scratches or deterioration in use
- Drive train - Pulleys, cogs, sprockets, chains, cables and housing wear and tear
- Brake - Cables, housings, brake shoes or brake pads wear and tear, Bleeding hydraulic circuit
- Headset - Ball bearings wear and tear
- Saddle - Coating wear and tear due to friction
- Pedal - Ball bearings wear and tear
*Lifetime of Bike is considered to be 10 years
Decathlon reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the Terms, and your continued use of this service after the change in Terms shall constitute your acceptance to be bound by any such changes.
Warranty on Cricket Products
2 Year warranty on Cricket Bat Handles
2 Year warranty on Cricket Kit (On Bat warranty is only applicable on the Handle)
2 Year warranty on all Apparel, Shoes & Cricket Set (On Bat warranty is only applicable on the Handle)
No warranty on Leather or Tennis Ball
Warranty on Clothing
Most apparels have a 2 year warranty policy
Warranty is ensured on the quality of the fabric, zippers and buttons
NO WARRANTY on induced tears, fading due to detergents, a leaking phenomenon, etc
Warranty on Swimming Products
2 year warranty on the Quality of the product, stitching and color
NO WARRANTY on physical induced damage, inappropriate usage or negligence
Warranty on Shoes
2 years warranty on the stitching, color fading, sole pasting and in case of a manufacturing defect.
NO WARRANTY on laces and mesh of the shoe
NO WARRANTY on physical induced damaged, inappropriate usage or negligence
Warranty on Roller Skates and Skateboards
2 year warranty on body parts, wheels, brackets and pedals
NO WARRANTY on any induced damage to the wheels, brackets, pedals, wheel bearings, brake blocks, handles and other consumables
Warranty on Fitness/Gym Equipment
2 year warranty on exercise bikes (wearable parts), elliptical trainers (wearable parts), treadmills (vulnerable motor parts). muscle exercise machines and consumable parts
5 year warranty on the framework for all the above mentioned products
NO WARRANTY on screws, plastic parts, wires, plugs and batteries
Warranty on Seating Product
2 year warranty on quality of the material or fabric used
NO WARRANTY if weight endured is more than maximum load, excessive use of knobs( if any), man-made or induced physical damage
Warranty on Electronics
2 year warranty on most of the electronic gadgets
NO WARRANTY on improper usage, submersion in water (unless otherwise specified), severe impact, physical damage
NO WARRANTY on batteries, belts and buckles
Warranty on Racquet Sport Products
2 year warranty on - Shoes and Apparel (refer details mentioned above)
No Warranty on guts, sweat bands and Towels
No warranty can be claimed on physical or induced damage
No Warranty on Wear and tear of balls and Shuttlecocks
Warranty on Cricket Equipment and Accessories (FLX)
2 years warranty on Bats and Balls
Refer Clothing, Apparel and Shoes warranty terms above**
Warranty on Team Sports and Related Products
2 years warranty applicable on all products unless otherwise specified on the same
6 months warranty on the football bladder
Refer Clothing, Apparel and Shoes warranty terms above**
Other Warranty Details
Warranty on Sleeping Bags - 5 year warranty on sleeping bags
Warranty on Backpacks - 10 year warranty on all hiking and trekking backpacks except the ultra compact backpacks & 2 year warranty on the other backpacks
Warranty on Golf Kits - 2 year warranty on golf kits and apparel & NO WARRANTY on Golf Balls